План-конспект урока по английскому языку (9 класс) по теме:
урок в 9 классе по теме "Выбор профессии - мир профессий"
Мир профессий. Выбор профессии
Тип урока: повторение и закрепление полученных знаний с использованием информационных технологий.
Тип упражнений: упражнения с заданным механизмом выполнения, творческие задания.
Цель урока: развивать навыки монологической речи по теме “Выбор профессии”; совершенствовать лексические навыки и расширить лексический запас учащихся.
Образовательные: развивать навыки монологической устной и письменной речи; активизировать ранее изученную лексику по теме “Профессия и успех” в устной и письменной речи; развивать навыки аудирования, умение общаться на английском языке.
Развивающие: развивать интеллектуальные способности учащихся; формировать умение выделять главное, сравнивать и анализировать.
Воспитательные: развивать у учащихся самостоятельность мышления; содействовать профориентации учащихся.
Тема: “Choosing a Career: The World of Jobs”.
I. Организационный момент. Сообщение целей и задач урока
Teacher: Today we’re going to talk about the world of professions. You will do some lexical exercises to improve your speech. At the end of our lesson I will help you to choose the profession suitable for you. It will help you to write a composition “My future profession”.
II. Фонетическая зарядка
- учащиеся тренируются в чтении существительных и прилагательных.
Teacher: Let’s do a phonetic drill first. Look at the blackboard and read the words which end with suffixes:
NOUNS: -cian physician, -ist physicist, -er photographer, programmer, manager, cashier, teacher, fashion designer, bricklayer, bus driver -or conductor, tailor ant accountant
ADJECTIVES: -al rational, practical -ive communicative, creative -ic artistic -ful helpful -able sociable
Other helpful words: prestigious, organized, observant, reliable, imaginative, humanities
b) Introduction Conversation
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
2. What is important in choosing a profession? Do you want to have a well-paid job or low-paid but interesting job for you profession?
3. What professional field can you work in?
4. What subjects are you good at?
3. ОСНОВНАЯ ЧАСТЬ
1. Активизация использования лексики. Игра “Угадай профессию”
Teacher: Now it’s time for a guessing-game “What profession is it?” I’ll describe you a profession and you will give me the word. Introduction Exercises
1. Here are some professions: journalist, bricklayer, accountant, physicist, sports instructor, interpreter, architect, manager, pharmacist, physician, announcer, receptionist, cashier, conductor, interior decorator, programmer, fashion designer.
Учитель описывает профессии, используя слова на доске.
Listen to the definitions of professions, try to guess and name them.
1. someone who can count well and keeps the money records of a business
2. someone who makes walls with bricks
3. someone who designs clothes
4. someone who writes computer programs
5. someone who stands in front of the group of musicians or singers and directs their playing or singing
6. someone who gets cash or pays out money in a shop
7. someone who works at the reception desk of a hotel
8. (Am.) a doctor
9. someone who changes spoken words from one language to another
10. someone whose job is to design buildings
11. someone whose job is to manage a company
12. someone who studies or works in physics
Затем учащиеся сами дают описание профессий. Задание приготовлено учащимися дома.
Now we are going to discuss the qualities of working people, their skills and abilities.
Tell me about yourselves, what skills and favourite subjects you have.
Are you the right person for the profession you have chosen? What kind of person are you?
Choose adjectives that you can use describe yourself.
polite elegant generous ambitious serious
easygoing unpleasant sociable clever creative
forgetful careless funny adventurous friendly
reliable practical shy enthusiastic talkative
3.Write a word you can use to describe someone who:
1) always keeps a promise- 8) always looks very smart-
2) is often unkind to other people- 9) makes a lot of silly mistakes-
3) doesn’t remember things- 10)has good manners-
4) thinks deeply about things- 11) likes giving thing to people-
5) likes to be around people- 12)shows a lot of excitement and eagerness-
6) is full of bright ideas- is always able to deal efficiently with problems
7) likes making people laugh- 14) doesn’t say much around other people-
3. Развитие лексических навыков. Увеличение объема используемых лексических единиц.
Now we are going to recall these words. Answer my questions please. What leisure activities do
you know? What activities are the most popular in Russia? What do you enjoy?
What names of jobs do you know? What are the most popular in Russia? What professions are
the most and the least paid in our country? What jobs are the most interesting and uninteresting
Take the lists with descriptions of many different jobs. First of all read them. Then match the
sentences with names of jobs.
4. Lexical Test
Choosing Your Future Profession
Task: choose the suitable words.
1. A person whose job is to keep and examine the money accounts of business or people is called …
2. A person who plans new buildings and sees that they are built properly is called … .
3. A person who practices or works in one of the fine arts is called … .
4. A person who is skilled at making and repairing wooden objects is called … .
5. A scientist who specializes in chemistry is called … .
6. A person who prepares and cooks food is called … .
7. A person professionally trained to treat the teeth is called … .
8. A person who works at a dock is called … .
9. A person who drives a car is called … .
10. A person who plans and understands the making of machines, roads, bridges is called … .
11. A person who owns or plans the work on a farm is called … .
12. A person who changes speech from one language into another is called … .
13. A person whose profession journalism is called … .
14. A person whose business is to advise people about laws and to represent them in court is called … .
15. A worker in a mine is called … .
16. A person who performs on a musical instrument, or who writes music is called … .
17. A person qualified to practise both medicine and surgery is called … .
18. A person who studies physics is called … .
19. A person who flies an aircraft is called … .
20. A member of a navy, or sailor on a ship, who is not an officer is called … .
21. A person who makes or repairs shoes is called … .
22. A worker in iron or other metals is called … .
23. A man who serves passengers on a ship or plane is called … .
24. A person who makes garments (одежда) for men is called … .
25. A person who changes writing from one language into another is called … .
26. A person whose job is to weave cloth is called … .
a) dentist, b) shoemaker, c) artist, d) tailor, e) accountant, f) driver, g) seaman, h) architect, I)
physician, j) chemist, k) smith, l) docker, m) translator, n) farmer, o) carpenter, p) lawyer, g)
steward, r) weaver, s) journalist, t) cook, u) physicist, v) interpreter, w) pilot, x) miner, y)
musician, z) engineer.
5. Give your definition of professions:
bricklayer, teacher, accountant, driver, musician, singer, photographer, shop-assistant
6. Проверка домашнего задания
Teacher: Your home task was to write a dialogue “My future profession.” I’d like you to read some examples of your dialogues.
Ученики читают диалоги по ролям.
Примерные вопросы учащихся друг к другу:
1. What would you like to do after school?
2. Was it your own decision?
2. Who helped you to make the decision?
3. What is your father by profession?
4. Is this profession important for society?
Форма работы – парная.
7. Отработка и закрепление лексики по теме
Актуализация приемов дифференциации существительных (названий профессий) и прилагательных (характеристики) в письменной и устной речи.
Teacher: Now, it’s time to do our lexical exercises. Please, take your papers.
Exercise 1. Look at the screen. Professions can be: prestigious, not prestigious, up-to-date, out-of-date, well-paid, low-paid, Intellectual/mental, Manual, rare and widespread. Look at the pictures of rare and out-of-date professions. They are: weaver, potter, tailor, animal trainer, conductor, and bricklayer.
Read the names of professions and divide them into groups.
photographer, school master, physician (doctor), conductor, bus driver, bricklayer (каменщик), tailor (портной), weaver (ткач), judge, shop-assistant, physicist, manager, accountant, programmer, fashion designer, architect.
Exercise 2. Look at the traits of character and name 2 or 3 professions in which they are necessary to use.
strength (сила) responsibility (ответственность) – (pilot)
reliability (надежность) – (judge) creativity (творчество) – (singer, photographer)
observation (внимание к деталям) – (judge) patience (терпение) – (teacher)
common sense – (doctor) logical mind – (programmer)
kindness – (doctor)
Exercise 3. Work in pairs
Which characteristics are necessary for people of these professions: pilot, teacher, doctor (physician), physicist, sportsman, bricklayer, programmer, accountant.
Make up the sentences.
(A teacher should be patient, intellectual, loving children.)
Exercise 4. Look at the screen. You know that there are some professional fields: Sciences, Law, Architecture and Urban Planning, Environmental Science, Agriculture and Forestry, Journalism, Library and Information Science, Computer Science and so on. Each profession requires definite traits.
Match the fields on the left with the traits on the right.
a) imaginative, artistic, loving, big hearted
b) practical, active, energetic, organized.
c) logical, rational, fast-thinking, cool-headed
d) expressive, observant professions (наблюдательный)
e) helpful, communicative, reliable.
Which type of profession would you choose – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?
(I would choose art as a profession)
Exercise 5. Look at the ex. 4 and say what are the traits of your character? Write down your results to make a home essay.
(I am rather communicative,…)
Формы работы – фронтальная.
VII. Подготовка к аудированию
Teacher: Now we are going to listen to how these people describe their everyday duties. Look at the screen and say what are the professions of these people.
Ученики смотрят на экран и называют: photographer, teacher, cook, judge, shop assistant, radio DJ.
Teacher: Say what they usually do every day?
Ученики описывают их профессиональные каждодневные обязанности.
Форма работы – индивидуальная.
Teacher: Now you will listen to these people. Write down their professions.
Форма работы – индивидуальная.
Teacher: Are people always asking you what you want to be when you leave school? You know how difficult it is to choose a profession. Your traits and abilities are very important here.
Подведение итогов урока. Выставление оценок
Учитель подводит итоги урока и оценивает работу учащихся.
Teacher: Let’s sum up. Today you have found out what kind of person you are and what profession is suitable for you. I hope this questionnaire will help you to make the right choice. At home please write a short essay (15 sentences) “My future profession”.